Hatty New Year

We stayed up for the New Year and celebrated at home. To keep us occupied, we had a drink, some exciting snacky foods, and watched films. But this wasn’t going to be enough tokeep me busy, so I made miniature top hats as well. Out of yoghurt pots.



For the hat brim and slanted top I used stiff cardboard like the kind on the back of a notepad, glued onwith woodglue. The black netting is made from an old pair of tights.



The red spotty hat is unfinished and I want it to have a large white flower on the side. The material is extra from a dress in the same fabric.



This hat is designed in the style of “My Fair Lady”, the races.


About RowenaFW

I am a Fish. But you wouldn't know it just from looking at me.
This entry was posted in A New DIY and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s